Tuesday 28 October 2014

Halloween Special- Part 2!

Graveyard Brownies


Once again I had so much fun making these!! The recipe for the brownies is my own triple chocolate brownie recipe and I covered them with Betty Crocker chocolate buttercream icing

I then used biscuits painted with gel food colouring and decorated with writing icing for the tombstones. I used Asda own brand rich tea fingers and malted milks as I liked the sizes and shapes but feel free to use your own favourites. 



I used Halloween sprinkles from Asda for the path but you can use any Halloween sprinkles. You could also use chocolate buttons or any orange / black sweet. 

The dirt is made from blitzing oreos in a food processor, 



The white mice can be found in any supermarket and I just painted on their red eyes and black ears and tails with writing icing. 

I got the skeleton sweets in M&S and the fence is made from Quality street Match Makers but you can also use chocolate fingers.



I made the brownies in a tin foil tray I got in Lakeland. They are great because you can just leave them in there to decorate and serve. They're also very handy to transport. 

So what will you need?

Foil Tray 
Brownies (recipe here)
Chocolate Buttercream Icing 
 Biscuits for Tombstones
Gel Food Colouring in Grey / Black
Tubes of Writing Icing in Black / White / Red (I used Asda Own)
White Mice (I used Asda Own)
Skeleton Sweets (optional)
Oreos for Dirt (crushed)
Match Makers or Chocolate Fingers for Fence



Whatever you do just have fun with this.. be as creative and adventurous as you like but keep it spooky...!! If you don't have gel food colouring why not just use chocolate covered biscuits? Head down to your local supermarket and you'll see a huge range of Halloween sweets and pick your favorites for your graveyard. 



As always please share your bakes with me if you try them yourself. I hope you all have a spooky and fun Halloween!! 

Happy Baking, 
O x















No comments:

Post a Comment