Tuesday 11 March 2014

Welcome!

For my first post I am going to begin by telling you a little bit about myself and how this blog came to be. My name is Orna and I grew up in a small town in Co.Waterford, Ireland. I heard the big city calling so I moved to London in 2012 and I fell absolutely head over heels in love with this city and now consider it my second home. 

I have been baking for as long as I can remember. Both my grandmothers were fantastic bakers so it is most definitely in my genes. My earliest memories are baking 'Queen Cakes' with my Nana. I remember standing on a chair at the kitchen counter helping (but probably being more of hindrance than a help) and waiting for the buns to go into the oven so I could get on with the all important task of licking the spoon. Nowadays I bake whenever and wherever I feel. When I'm upset, I bake. When I'm angry or stressed, I bake. When I'm happy, I bake. I think you get the picture. I can easily say I am at my happiest when in the kitchen baking and nothing beats the feeling of someone really enjoying your baked goods or the look on someones face when they see the cake you've spent hours creating for them.

I have been told for years I should start a blog but technology really isn't my forte so I could just never get the hang of it. Then there is also the fact that I am a self confessed lazy bones! But seeing as baking is such a passion of mine I thought it was about time I started. As mentioned before I am a bit technically challenged so please bear with me as I get this thing up and running!

I hope that through reading this blog my passion for baking rubs off on you and you get as much joy from recreating my recipes as I did putting them together. 

Happy Baking!
O x

No comments:

Post a Comment